Enjoy 9 full days at sea on the Sardine Run to maximise your chances of seeing the perfect bait ball! With the weather and Sardine Activity not guaranteed why not stay that little bit longer to get the most of your Sardine Run holiday. You will arrive on day 1 and then check in and set up for the following 9 days to come!
Meet for the transfer in Durban – Port St Johns. Drive down the coast and then check in at the Creek at Port St Johns. Later we will meet and then discuss the program for the following 9 days and discuss the sardine run activity and weather. Diving gear and all formalities will be taken care of before the big day to come!
The days are started with an early breakfast and then and early launch out from the estuary at Port St Johns into the surf looking for telltale signs of feeding activity on the water. There are no guarantees with the weather and action from day to day as this is pure nature at it’s best but all of the boats are in communication and they all work together to help spot the action on the water. The beauty of this expedition is the number of days which will give you those extra few days to try your luck finding those magical bait balls.
Breakfast early morning and then transfer to Durban
Accommodation for this package is at The Creek in Port St Johns. This is situated on a huge piece of land 5 km outside Port St. Johns. The Creek has been built to merge with the environment of tall shady trees and well maintained lawns and gardens.
The back yard is set in an indigenous forest with mountain views with a small natural wetland as its neighbor. There are no fences the place is excellent for hiking. This is ideal for down time in the garden with a good book or to go for a dip in the local water hole after the day’s sardine run action.
The lodge offers single and double rooms, two room cottages sleeping 4, and a large 3 bedroom house. All rooms are maintained to a very high standard.
- Light Breakfast (cereals, toast, yoghurts, coffee, juice)
- Lunch Pack included on boat,
- Dinner (Braai’s, Potjies (stew) & curries)
- Portable air compressor
- 10lt Dive tanks (DIN/INT)
- Weight belts with 2-7 pound weights
- spare: Regulators
A new 9m Zodiac with 2 x140hp 4 stroke Yamaha motors giving plenty of space to move around and work on during the day
Included / Excluded
- 9 days at sea (weather permitting)
- 10 nights accommodation
- All meals and non alcoholic drinks
- Return transfers from Durban
- Daily transfers to launch site and scenic drives to explore the coastline
- Shared aerial information (with 1 other operator)
- Cylinders, fills and weight belt
- Experienced dive guides & Skipper
- All costs of a personal nature
- Insurance / visas etc.
- Gear rental and equipment (Can be rented)