White Shark Breaching – Gansbaai Trip
A combined trip where you will experience great white shark breaching and great white shark cage diving is available in Gansbaai. The high concentration of great white sharks around Dyer Island, Geyser Rock and Shark Alley and this makes for excellent great white shark viewings. The colony of 60, 000 seals at Geyser Rock are another attraction in this beautiful coastal which boasts as the best whale watching spot in the world.
Due to the timing of the shark activity this trip is only available early morning. The Sharks hunt the seals at first light so this will be an early start to the day. We are 2 hours from Cape Town so it is advisable to stay overnight the night before to make the most of your trip. This is a very special trip so worth staying over and being fresh in the morning. From July – December we have our Whale season and De Kelders where our Guesthouse is situated is the best place in the world for viewing the Whales close to the rocks (no boat needed!)
We will meet at 6:30am at the crew house (Times may vary due to time of sunrise) for breakfast and briefing. It will still be dark then and the excitement will be boiling over waiting for the sun to rise over the water.
After experiencing the amazing shark breaching we will return to the cage at Shark Alley and your shark cage diving experience will start. Two hours of shark cage diving will now take place; there’s no pressure and if you would prefer staying on the boat and experiencing everything from there you are more than welcome to.
When we’ve returned to the crew house you’ll receive a light lunch and coffee or tea; here you can also enjoy the DVD of the day.
*MINIMUM OF 8 PEOPLE TO RUN TRIP + MAXIMUM 12 PEOPLE
Should the number of people be less than the minimum required we will run a standard White Shark Cage Diving trip in it’s place.
Please note that this is just a rough guideline and that the times are confirmed each day before the dive. On busy days there will be 2 or possibly 3 trips depending on operator.
Great White Shark Breaching, Hunting and Cage Diving Trips
06:30 - Meet at the Crew House for a light breakfast with briefing 7:15 - Launch from Kleinbaai harbour (First Light) 7:30 - Arrive at Shark Alley and drop Cage in 7:45 - Trawl around Dyer Island and Geyser Rock looking for Predations towing a fake seal. This is the ideal time of the day for Great White Shark Breaching activity 8:45 - Go back to the cage, Anchor up and start diving 10:45 - Everyone will get at least 2 dives in the cage and plenty of shark action before pulling up anchor and returning to the harbour 11:00 - Back on land enjoy Coffee, Tea and biscuits whilst watching the DVD of the trip (Buy a copy for an additional R350 per copy) (R400 for combo of breaching photos & Video of the shark dive) (R100 additional for CD with Breaching Photos) 11:30 - Finished for the day and go away with lifelong memories
Including / Excluding
- Breakfast on arrival
- Drinks & Snacks on board
- Light lunch After trip
- All gear inclusive
- Hot showers
- Return transfers from Cape Town (R300)
- Underwater Digital Camera rental (R400)
- DVD of the day (R300)
Breaching trip & Stay packages
- R2200 Standard Breach & Stay @ The Roundhouse in Gansbaai
- R2300 Luxury Breach & Stay
- R2400 Executive Breach & Stay
- FREE WIFI
- Rooftop Jacuzzi
- Satellite TV with Movies & Sport
- World Class Land Based Whale Watching
- Stunning Beaches and coastal trails
- 1 x Night’s Accommodation
- 1 x Great White Shark Breaching & Dive
Option 1: Standard Breach & Stay – R2200pp sharing (R100 Supplement for Single)
- Enjoy relaxing accommodation for one night in the Roundhouse Guest House’s well-appointed Standard suite.
- Relish an adrenaline pumping, incredible up-close encounter with the Great White Shark, with a Great White Shark Cage Dive.
Luxury Breach & Stay – R2300pp sharing (R100 Supplement for Single)
- Enjoy one night in the Roundhouse Guest House’s gorgeous luxury suite, which exudes refined elegance, with tasteful furnishings, carpets and stylish décor. The neutral, earthy tones of the walls, perfectly complements the Quartz clad round wall, creating a restful finish. The beds can be arranged to cater for two people sharing (twin) or a couple can enjoy a luxurious King size bed. The TV can be tilted, so that you can lie in bed and watch your favorite shows in comfort.
- Revel in an up close encounter with one of the world’s most revered predators, the Great White Shark with the Great White Shark Cage Dive.
Executive Breach & Stay – R2400pp sharing (R250 Supplement for Single)
- Relax and revel in one night’s stay in the Roundhouse Guest House’s magnificent Executive suite, which offers the ultimate in comfort and luxury. With beautiful furniture, elegantly-appointed décor and astonishing vistas of the sea, you will have an unforgettable experience embracing the executive lifestyle. The room includes a cleverly designed television which is able to swivel 360 degrees through the wall, so you can view it in the spacious lounge or while lying cosily tucked up in bed and in the bathroom as well. Invite your friends to the lounge, which can seat four people and offers striking, panoramic views of the sea.
- Enjoy a thrilling, close-up encounter with the beautiful Great White Sharks with a Great White Shark Cage Dive.
Nate & Myriah
We enjoyed our trip immensely. Seeing a Great White come flying out of the water, in full view, is truly a wonder to behold – just breath-taking! Thank you for taking us out, Dave. We loved it!